The hills really came alive last week at our junior high. Rachel tried out for The Sound of Music back in December. Prepared a beautiful song that was perfect for her voice. She tried out to be one of the main nuns, but didn't get the part. She was okay with just being in the nun choir. Grateful that she wouldn't have to be at so many practices. Actually, the nun choir stole the show. They were amazing and so powerful. They actually brought tears to my eyes, and not only once. They learned the usual songs, but the song that they sung in Latin was beautiful and I still can't get it out of my head. Everyone played a part and played it well. At first I was skeptical when I heard that they were doing The Sound of Music, because for a junior high to pull off "the play of all plays" would take a miracle. They not only pulled it off, but they received a standing ovation from the audience each night of the performance. So many parents were involved every step of the way. I got the fun job of sewing nun habits. It made me want to sew more. We shall see. I don't know that we will ever stop singing the songs from this amazing play, but each time we do, we will remember the tremendous experience that we had.


Rachel and Hali had so much fun being in the play together. How lucky she is to have such a fun cousin at the same school with her. Someone to spend hours upon hours after school almost everyday for 3 months.

Rachel with her friends, Kirtly and Haley

Cute cousin Hali in her lonely goatheard outfit.
Garrett was such a devoted brother. He went to three performances of the play. Monday, he went with his school class, Thursday he came with Morgan and me, and Friday he was there with grandma and grandpa Petersen, Rees, and of course me. I was lucky enough to spend opening night in the dressing room with all of the girls. So much fun, but so very hot! Rachel was pleased with the support that she received from her family.


After the Thursday night performance. This was the BEST night of all!


After the last performance...SO HAPPY TO BE DONE!
Congrats to Rach... I am sure she did a great job.. she sure looks beautiful! Wish we lived closer and could have made a performance!
ReplyDelete