Rachel is starting back slower than she would like as she is also currently rehearsing for the Jr. High play "The Sound of Music". The play takes up the majority of her free time and she would much rather be swimming, but is enjoying the play anyway. I am so proud of her courage, strength, and determination to go back to the team even though it means training with kids that are younger than her. After her first practice, she said, "I feel like I am finally home!" Way to go Rach!!!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Rachel's Return to Swimming
Rachel is finally back to swimming after two and a half years. Swimming is something Rachel loves and is very good at. She swam for three years on the Eagles Aquatic Team before deciding that she couldn't handle the pain anymore. Rachel was diagnosed with scoliosis of the spine and finally had surgery on December 27, 2007. The surgery and recovery were both very long and intense. As a mother, it was the hardest thing I have had to go through so far with my kids. To see my sweet daughter in so much pain and having to trust in the Lord and the doctor to get us through this trial is something that we will never forget. She is now the titanium girl. That is what we call her anyway. She has two titanium rods and 15 screws in her back with a 14" scar. She can wear that scar with pride. She has wanted to return for a very long time and really didn't want to go back to the same coach that swore that it wasn't scoliosis, only that her technique was off. Rachel has finally gone back to the team, and surprisingly the coach was much nicer, knowing that she had been wrong!
Rachel is starting back slower than she would like as she is also currently rehearsing for the Jr. High play "The Sound of Music". The play takes up the majority of her free time and she would much rather be swimming, but is enjoying the play anyway. I am so proud of her courage, strength, and determination to go back to the team even though it means training with kids that are younger than her. After her first practice, she said, "I feel like I am finally home!" Way to go Rach!!!

Rachel is starting back slower than she would like as she is also currently rehearsing for the Jr. High play "The Sound of Music". The play takes up the majority of her free time and she would much rather be swimming, but is enjoying the play anyway. I am so proud of her courage, strength, and determination to go back to the team even though it means training with kids that are younger than her. After her first practice, she said, "I feel like I am finally home!" Way to go Rach!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment