



Our Sunday afternoon activity for several years has been to go the tide pools at Little Corona. It is always amazingly beautiful! We love to explore and find all the little creatures that the tide brings in. This year the tide was much higher than we have ever seen it, so we had to explore a little bit differently, but still exciting!




I don't think we missed a night of going to Balboa Island for a frozen banana or some yummy treat. The diet will have to start after vacation.

Our trip to Newport is never complete without sailing in Newport Harbor. It is always exciting with all of the traffic of the other sailboats, the ferries going back and forth to Balboa Island, and other crazy activities that happen in the harbor.


My favorite thing to do at the beach is to dig in the sand. This year, I was recovering from my surgery and couldn't really dig well. This gave others the opportunity to dig for me. Rees and Trish were a huge help!


We LOVE to eat out when we are on vacation. Eating at our favorites and exploring new and different places is something we really enjoy. This year, Jake kept asking me, "Lisa, when are we going out for sushi?" Every day he would ask the same question. If I had my choice, we would go out for sushi every night of vacation. We finally made it to our favorite sushi spot in Newport, Fujiyama and Jake refused to even try it! Such a silly little character he is! We had fun with Jake. For some reason, he thought that I was the one in charge of planning all of the fun. Every day he asked me what the plan for today would be and I would just laugh and say, "the beach, of course". He would ask me "Where are we going after the beach?" That was never enough, so I would tell him to ask Rees. We had to become quite the party planners.



Some of the best time spent at the beach is just hanging out doing nothing.


Lisa all of this brings back memories of when we had a chance to go to Newport with you guys. It really is so much fun.. I think it is just fun to go with you and your family no matter what. We have to try to make there with you again - If you will have us! Looks like another great vacation was had by the Petersens...
ReplyDelete